Tuesday 2 July 2013

Lowestoft to St. Davids

On Friday 5th July, myself and my colleague Colin will embark on a cycling challenge across the UK. Our aim is to ride, without any kind of support crew, from Lowestoft in Suffolk to St. David's in Wales. This amounts to around 400 miles of road riding to be completed in 4 days. This is particularly challenging for me, as a couple of months ago I barely knew which end of a bike was which and found the occasional 9 mile ride to work to be an epic physical event.

We have both been successfully tendering for sponsorship contributions. All money I raise is going to a local scout group (where I am also a Beaver Scout Leader), run completely by volunteers, in order to fund much needed activity equipment.

The route we are taking across the country can be viewed via the links below: -

Day 1 - Lowestoft to St Neots
Day 2 - St Neots to Worcester
Day 3 - Worcester to St Clears
Day 4 - St Clears to St Davids

I will be updating this blog with progress in terms of final preparation over the next couple of days, and keeping followers informed as I struggle across the country under pedal-propulsion.

No comments:

Post a Comment